Priti Patel is up there with the worst of Ministers

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Jimgward

Priti Patel is up there with the worst of Ministers

Post by Jimgward »

She really is a smug sociopath. She's a disgraced former minister. She lied to parliament. She supports the death penalty. What more does she have to say?
Does she not realise "freedom of Movement" is a right for our citizens as well?

WHL

Re: Priti Patel is up there with the worst of Ministers

Post by WHL »

Its like ground hog day reading your posts..

Your very selective on which politicians you call liers, ( they all do)

as for the death penalty, I would put money on, that if there was a referendum to bring back the death penalty , a majority of the public would vote to bring it back.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

As a resident of Cyprus, whl, I think you’re out of touch with the UK on this matter.

You seem to have become very caustic towards all posts on brexit. Ignore them then or out me on ignore as you have over the past few weeks become disagreeable.

I happen to think that brexit is the single biggest thing to affect me in my lifetime. (Excluding personal matters) and so I am passionate about the affect on me and mine and society. It’s ongoing and we still don’t know the outcome.

As to selective, when we have the current Tory cabinet, it’s hard to see by it.

As to all politicians being liars. You are wrong. Many are honourable people who do good. On all sides. Many currently put the country before their personal careers and many have died in their swords as a result. Honourable, with personal conviction and truthful would be many if not most politicians. The ones at the top I have less faith in.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Jimgw

Unfortunately there are people on both sides who can be caustic and disagreeable. You don't have to look very far to find them.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
boycott

Post by boycott »

Jimward wrote - As to all politicians being liars. You are wrong. Many are honourable people who do good. On all sides. Many currently put the country before their personal careers and many have died in their swords as a result. Honourable, with personal conviction and truthful would be many if not most politicians. The ones at the top I have less faith in.

Please name these many honourable politicians who do good, please name the many politicians who put country before their personal careers and name the many who have died in their swords.
Also please name these honourable politicians with personal conviction AND truthful (I dont mean criminal convictions as well).

I feel sure it wont take long to name them all!
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Boycott
Can I name the ones I wished had died on their sword?
Let's get things clear; Priti Patel was forced to resign from Mays government for communicating with a foreign government without the knowledge of the British government. She was discussing diverting overseas aid to the IDF (Isreal Defence Force). If it were you or I we would be classed as Traitors and prosecuted but there's rules and rules.
You could of course put the 21 Tory MPs on the list who were sacked because they put country before party.

Jim
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

So because she says things you disagree with you label her a “smug sociopath “. Wow even for you that’s low.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Jimgward wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:15 pm As a resident of Cyprus, whl, I think you’re out of touch with the UK on this matter.

You seem to have become very caustic towards all posts on brexit. Ignore them then or out me on ignore as you have over the past few weeks become disagreeable.

I happen to think that brexit is the single biggest thing to affect me in my lifetime. (Excluding personal matters) and so I am passionate about the affect on me and mine and society. It’s ongoing and we still don’t know the outcome.

As to selective, when we have the current Tory cabinet, it’s hard to see by it.

As to all politicians being liars. You are wrong. Many are honourable people who do good. On all sides. Many currently put the country before their personal careers and many have died in their swords as a result. Honourable, with personal conviction and truthful would be many if not most politicians. The ones at the top I have less faith in.
With respect its a bit of a cop out on your part, to say if you dont agree with my views, ignore me , or out me, I repeat I think leaving the EU is a bad move for the UK, and I believe the UK s future lies within Europe, but democratic referendum was held with the choice of leave or stay, leave won, now to why as in your words im caustic to brexit posts, im fed up with remainers , calling any brexit MP as the Devil , and all remainer MPs saints, I repeat the vast majority of MPs are self serving lying scum bags, no more or less, just because they call themselves Honorable , it doesn't make it so, any one remember their expenses scandal.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Jimgym wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:00 pm So because she says things you disagree with you label her a “smug sociopath “. Wow even for you that’s low.
If you dont see that video as a smug sociopath, you’re blind through eyesight or politics
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jimgward wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:20 pm
Jimgym wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:00 pm So because she says things you disagree with you label her a “smug sociopath “. Wow even for you that’s low.
If you dont see that video as a smug sociopath, you’re blind through eyesight or politics
Yeah sure thing Jim, keep making judgements on others, it might make you feel better one day.....
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Back to semantics and pendantics.
She was forced to resign from government for dealing with the Israeli government without the the knowledge of the British government. She is not fit for purpose, simple.

Jim
K Turvey

Post by K Turvey »

I can never understand the paranoia with politicians and Brexit form persons who have no direct involvement in the country.

It is obvious to all regarding the coming events in the UK

Boris will fail in his attempt to get Brexit through

The country will have another election, with a more than likely outcome of no overall majority by any party, especially when you see the current runners and riders for PM

So, its back to square one, with the UK being the laughing stock of Europe and the story continues
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

K Turvey
I don't know where you live but I do know even though I live in Cyprus Brexit is affecting my family. I am not interested in local elections in the UK but I am interested in Brexit as it's having a fundamental affect on my family and certain friends.
I still have a British passport and pay British taxes so have as much right as any British citizen to comment on the fiasco we're seeing played out just to save the Tory Party. Many in the cabinet should be under criminal investigation, not helping to dictate policy from some of the highest positions in the land.
Brexit has already cost my family jobs and many thousands of pounds and it hasn't even happened yet.

Jim