At last, a clear Brexit strategy.

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: At last, a clear Brexit strategy.

Post by Dominic »

Jimgward wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:18 pm 9DD75847-CC35-499A-881B-CC113EE887C0.jpeg
49% think it would be bad. That is not an overwhelming majority.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

As opposed to 22% who think it would be good? Maybe arithmetic wasn’t up there Dominic....rofl
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

“The judges said they rejected her claim (GINA MILLER) because the suspension of Parliament was a “purely political” move and was therefore “not a matter for the courts”.

As i said, Boris didn’t win.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jimgward wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:34 pm “The judges said they rejected her claim (GINA MILLER) because the suspension of Parliament was a “purely political” move and was therefore “not a matter for the courts”.

Oh dear, you really are clutching at straws here. This was the ruling from the High Court of England. “In a ruling this morning by three senior judges — Lord Burnett of Maldon, Sir Terence Etherton and Dame Victoria Sharp — Johnson was found to have not acted unlawfully. However, the High Court did grant permission for the case to go the Supreme Court for an appeal, which will be heard on 17 September.”

So which part of that ruling means Johnson lost? You may have said he didn't win but quite clearly he did win there, and subsequently lost in the Supreme court.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jimgward wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:31 pm As opposed to 22% who think it would be good? Maybe arithmetic wasn’t up there Dominic....rofl
And the 16% who think it an acceptable compromise and 13% who are unsure. So, as Dominic rightly said, not an overwhelming majority.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Jimgym wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:59 pm
Jimgward wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:34 pm “The judges said they rejected her claim (GINA MILLER) because the suspension of Parliament was a “purely political” move and was therefore “not a matter for the courts”.

Oh dear, you really are clutching at straws here. This was the ruling from the High Court of England. “In a ruling this morning by three senior judges — Lord Burnett of Maldon, Sir Terence Etherton and Dame Victoria Sharp — Johnson was found to have not acted unlawfully. However, the High Court did grant permission for the case to go the Supreme Court for an appeal, which will be heard on 17 September.”

So which part of that ruling means Johnson lost? You may have said he didn't win but quite clearly he did win there, and subsequently lost in the Supreme court.
He didn’t win and that has been stated even in parliament.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jimgward wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:09 pm
Jimgym wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:59 pm

He didn’t win and that has been stated even in parliament.
If that’s what you’d like to believe then far be it for me to let the facts get in the way.....
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Nothing about being content. Everything about demonstrating that it wasn't the overwhelming majority stated.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:44 am
Jimgym wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:03 pmAnd the 16% who think it an acceptable compromise and 13% who are unsure. So, as Dominic rightly said, not an overwhelming majority.

And that makes you content to take a risk with the UK economy?

Once the damage has been done it can't be reversed. It will be painful and irrevocable.
I've absolutely no idea why you have jumped from a comment regarding a majority in a poll to whether I am content with the risks to Britain's economy. I was talking about the poll results only. Just to make that clear for you.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Jimgym

I have a fair idea !!
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.