Am I the only one...

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
PW in Polemi

Re: Am I the only one...

Post by PW in Polemi »

No to your first question and yes to your last, Lloyd.
My Dave was a politician in Guernsey for 13 years, having initially been elected in 1991 and subsequently re-elected three times. He was amused by Trump's goings on at first, following the news reports for what became known in this household as "his daily dose of Trump". However, despite his interest in politics - he stayed up all night for both the American and the UK elections - he would have been horrified at the current load of shenanigans and ashamed as a former politician to be grouped in with the current batch of apparently self-serving politicians.
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol:
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

No Lloyd, you're not the only one.

Jim
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

To add a bit of balance, here are a few quotes from Labour MP's and supporters.

'I should have come down here with a bat and smashed your face in.'
Former Shadow International Development Secretary Kate Osamor talking last year to a reporter from The Times who had asked her for a comment on a story about her employing her son in her parliamentary office. She threw a bucket of water over the reporter, told him to 'f*** off' and rang the police to accuse him of stalking her.

The day that... you are hurting us more than you are helping us, I won't knife you in the back, I'll knife you in the front.'
Labour MP Jess Phillips on Jeremy Corbyn in 2015 — using violent language in spite of condemning John McDonnell for using it. Yesterday, she criticised the Prime Minister for using language that inflamed 'hatred and division'.

'Just watched The Riot Club and it's genuinely left me wanting to burn every single Oxford college to the ground... preferably with every single Tory MP inside one at the time. The Conservative Party is a cancer on this country.'
Labour councillor Owen Collins, writing earlier this month. He later apologised.

'You can f*** all the way off. Then, just when you think you've f***** off as much as it's possible to f*** off, I'm gonna need you to dig deep and f*** off a little bit more.'
Kerry-Anne Mendoza, editor of the Corbyn-supporting Canary website, responding to a suggestion by Tony Blair's former spin doctor Alastair Campbell that he might return to Labour following his expulsion earlier this year.

'There was a whole group in the audience that completely kicked off ... they were arguing, 'Why are we sacking her? Why aren't we lynching the bitch?' '
Shadow Chancellor John McDonnell, discussing a 'sack Esther McVey day' organised in 2014 by Labour activists opposed to the then Cabinet minister. Fellow Labour MP Jess Phillips said the comments were 'utterly despicable'.

We will have a hell of a time. We will have comedians on and bands and we are going to enjoy ourselves. There will be a lot of men wanting to have a drink and celebrate.'
David Hopper, General Secretary of the Durham Miners' Association, speaking after the death of Lady Thatcher in 2013.

Comedian Jo Brand said: 'Why bother with a milkshake [to throw at Farage] when you could use battery acid?'

Shadow Chancellor John McDonnell said: 'I would like to go back to the 1980s and assassinate Margaret Thatcher'
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

The left is just as guilty as the right.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Where's Guy Faulks when you need him