Government lose court case

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Jimgym

Government lose court case

Post by Jimgym »

Supreme court has ruled Johnson illegally prorogued Parliament. What next in this long running soap opera?!
Firefly

Re: Government lose court case

Post by Firefly »

Who knows, the whole thing has been a farce from the start.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

....and people used to say Cyprus was a banana republic!!
WHL

Post by WHL »

:lol: Just off to get a bucket of popcorn, be back in a minute,
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

I wonder what the comments would be if it was Corbyn who had just been found guilty of lying to the Queen.

😂
Jim
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

We cannot overlook this ‘lying’ by Johnson. Not only about all his past, his recent events re the American lady he ‘assisted’ and lied about, but more so about his lies in parliament previously and then this proroguing lie. He should resign immediately but won’t. He will do whatever Cummings tells him.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Jimgward wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:29 pm We cannot overlook this ‘lying’ by Johnson. Not only about all his past, his recent events re the American lady he ‘assisted’ and lied about, but more so about his lies in parliament previously and then this proroguing lie. He should resign immediately but won’t. He will do whatever Cummings tells him.
'
Not a 'Boris the buffoon' lover my a long chalk, but please name me one politician that dosnt lie?
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

WHL wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:00 pm
Jimgward wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:29 pm We cannot overlook this ‘lying’ by Johnson. Not only about all his past, his recent events re the American lady he ‘assisted’ and lied about, but more so about his lies in parliament previously and then this proroguing lie. He should resign immediately but won’t. He will do whatever Cummings tells him.
'
Not a 'Boris the buffoon' lover my a long chalk, but please name me one politician that dosnt lie?
I think there are many. However, Boris lies so much he doesn’t know the truth.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Jimgward wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:23 pm
'
I think there are many. However, Boris lies so much he doesn’t know the truth.
as do 99% of the other MPs of all parties.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Oh please! Which politician hasn't lied through his or her teeth? if we cleared Parliament of liars it would be empty.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

In my job if I was caught lying I would be sacked; what's the difference?
He deceived the Queen which to my mind puts him in an untenable position.

Jim
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

'
Enoch Powell! He was so squeeky clean he refused pay rises. He would accept the salary when he got elected and kept that until he was next elected.

Say what you like about the man, and Lord knows, there is plenty to say about Enoch Powell, but one thing you can't fault him on is his integrity.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Is it too much to expect honesty; is the bar so low these days that anything's acceptable.
We should expect as a standard, honesty, ethics and principle, by turning a blind eye we have ended up in the state we are in.

Jim
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jim B wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:53 pm Is it too much to expect honesty; is the bar so low these days that anything's acceptable.
We should expect as a standard, honesty, ethics and principle, by turning a blind eye we have ended up in the state we are in.

Jim
I agree Jim. It's not too much to expect, but sadly politics has become a very dirty game, more now than ever.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Jim

That's the difference between them and us. You lie, you lose your job, they lie and they keep theirs, whatever party, whatever they lie about, they even keep their jobs when they are caught out committing fraud.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Dominic wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:32 pm
'
Enoch Powell! He was so squeeky clean he refused pay rises. He would accept the salary when he got elected and kept that until he was next elected.

Say what you like about the man, and Lord knows, there is plenty to say about Enoch Powell, but one thing you can't fault him on is his integrity.
Point taken , the only other man I respected, although I didn't agree with his politics was, Tony Benn, took alot of crap from the media, but was an honest man
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

He's only in it to get Brexit done, then I reckon he will quite happily slip away from the position.... lying bloody toad #PoJo
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

I think Ian Blackford, Rory Stuart and Jo Swinson are all honourable and trustworthy people!
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Apologies for the original duplicate. I blame Boris J. ;)
Last edited by mike strand2 on Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.