Does David Cameron regret the referendum...

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
WHL

Re: Does David Cameron regret the referendum...

Post by WHL »

Maybe we should have a counselling section on here, where certain people can seek counselling, after being called nasty words like twerps, poor little lambs. :cry:
WHL

Post by WHL »

Les Bean wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:10 am
WHL wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:57 am Maybe we should have a counselling section on here, where certain people can seek counselling, after being called nasty words like twerps, poor little lambs. :cry:
Don't be a prat😂
How dare you call me a prat, :shock: , wheres that counselling section, :lol:
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

In politics, especially about brexit, we have people with polar opinions. It’s inevitable that arguments will ensue. Wait for October! Unfortunately, it’s easy to gent annoyed and sometimes easy to annoy. Ive insulted a few and a few I’ve apologised to for it in retrospect.

There have been some who have ‘left’ as unable to handle debate. I do hope we all continue on here as I value those who contribute - even those I totally disagree with politically!
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Well now everybody once more has a choice.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jimgward wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:03 pm In politics, especially about brexit, we have people with polar opinions. It’s inevitable that arguments will ensue. Wait for October! Unfortunately, it’s easy to gent annoyed and sometimes easy to annoy. Ive insulted a few and a few I’ve apologised to for it in retrospect.

There have been some who have ‘left’ as unable to handle debate. I do hope we all continue on here as I value those who contribute - even those I totally disagree with politically!
Blimey we almost agree on something! However, arguing, or debating is one thing, throwing insults out to gain reaction is quite another. It is possible to debate (fiercely at times) without resorting to childish name calling.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Lloyd

Please quote where I have been rude to Dominic, or you for that matter, even though you do deserve it.

As for being a snowflake, maybe ask one or two people on PL who actually know me, whether or not they would agree with that. You have yourself more or less told Dominic that what he has said is irrelevant, and you will continue with your pathetic childish posts, how rude is that, this is his forum.

The obvious answer is for all of us, even the remainers, to ignore your rude, arrogant posts. Job done.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:46 pm I seem to remember that the Politics for Moderates section died a death the last time. Despite what the so-easily-offended snowflakes claim, peeps like the cut and thrust of the Politics section. It's a bit like tabloid newspapers: people decry lurid stories of sex, crime and violence...but that's what sells newspapers.

A few weeks ago jimgym was so rude to Dominic I was absolutely certain he would be banned. But no. Yet here is decrying my posts because I call Brexit voters twerps. Which of course they are.

What's interesting is that the people who complain the loudest are the ones who have been most rude to Dominic in recent times, including jimgym and Jackie. Go figure.
Wrong once again. I decry your posts because they are insulting, and not just twerp, which is only the latest one. As you well know you've said so much more than that. Please post the relevant thread where I was so rude to Dominic, I'd like to see it myself.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Calm down folks, the truth is 90% of members posting on the politics section, have crossed the line, re insults, so no one is squeaky clean and can take the high road, me included, beginning to sound like the class room, 'Miss, miss he called me a twerp', just dont get personal and move on.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Yes keep the pops political, so to speak. This goes out to all the Gammons and Remoaners out there among you. etc.

Anyway if I want to ban somebody, I ban them. It is as simple as that. In truth, I can count the amount of non-spam posters banned on one hand. HiC, the rudest post on here by a country mile was posted by you a few weeks ago. Now admitedly, it was a quote, but I don't think any of the political regulars is completely without sin, so to speak.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
outasite

Post by outasite »

Well, it would appear that HiC will continue his arrogant posts and insult those who voted to Leave his beloved European Union. So as far as he is concerned there are 17.4 million snowflake twerps, and worse, not forgetting he includes his own offspring in that. So be it. At least they voted, unlike himself. And the only people who IMO can insult me for voting Leave are the 16+ million who voted Remain. So be it. I won't be losing any sleep. As I said previously it wasn't the word twerp that got me annoyed. It is the fact that somebody who has repeatedly stated he has no intention of ever returning to the UK harping on and on and on and on about something he didn't bother to vote for. Carry on HiC, but do come up with come better insults. BTW I am Outasite, not Oakland.