Does David Cameron regret the referendum...

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Firefly

Re: Does David Cameron regret the referendum...

Post by Firefly »

Jim

Just so, but complaints bring no change. If it was you he was constantly having a go at, you might complain too. But then he doesn't does he.

We could all stoop to his level, but that would make us just as childish as him.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Firefly wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:16 pm Lloyd name calling has become an unchecked habit, which he continues to 'get away with' it's tedious and childish.

He doesn't upset me, but he knows full well it niggles, and he constantly get's away with it. Admin has asked how many times I have complained to him, I have not up to now, but now I have, we will see if that makes a difference.

I completely agree with Outasite, someone who couldn't be bothered to vote, has behaved like a petulant child over the outcome, maybe time to man up Lloyd, and accept that it's partly your fault.
You say it dosn't upset you, yet you complained to the admins about him, simple give it back, as long as people dont get personal, then it dosnt bother me, its called debating, personally I would hate a sanitised PC dont upset anyone/anything forum..... and to be fair you are not backward in giving out cutting remarks, someone called me an anchor or something similar the other day , put a smile on my face and made me laugh, maybe I should of reported it to Dominic, must be a forum law against outing anchors :? ..... rant over.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

WHL

Please yourself whether you complain or not, I care not. I complained BECAUSE that's what Admin said I should do. And no it doesn't upset me, if I'm upset I cry, Lloyd is the last person to achieve that.

You say 'give it back' but as I said that brings us down to playground level.

Anchor, what on earth are you on about ? :roll:
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
tonee

Post by tonee »

Anyway,Boris could get the best deal for the UK but it will still be voted out by the opposition parties...so what happens then?
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jim B wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:38 pm But he does get to you all, that's why you're all on here complaining about it. :-)

Jim
Jim, your posts are generally informative and rarely if ever personal. That’s as it should be. Resorting to childish name calling really isn’t necessary. It’s not even witty or amusing, at least that would make it slightly more readable! Not all Remain voters are intelligent, the same goes for Leave voters.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

LB

Oh yes, back to the playground again, I should have known the discussion was deteriorating.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

No posts have been reported to me, nor PMs sent.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:39 am don't think I'll bother posting on the Brexit threads ever again :(
Good! Excellent news! :lol: :lol:
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Devil wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:30 am
Happy in Cyprus wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:39 am don't think I'll bother posting on the Brexit threads ever again :(
Good! Excellent news! :lol: :lol:
You beat me to it! Now, where's the champagne?! :mrgreen: :lol:
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Congratulations HiC, on achieving a rare moment of forum unity. :lol:
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Dominic wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:59 am Congratulations HiC, on achieving a rare moment of forum unity. :lol:
:lol:
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Dominic

My p.m. to you was sent on 15th September 11.25 am. It's still in my out box, so you haven't opened it.

If you do, you will see my complaint, sent as requested.
outasite

Post by outasite »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:39 am
outasite wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:02 pm...and what I would like to call him and all the other arrogant oiks can't be put in here...

Arrogant oiks? Now wouldn't you say that's a worse insult than twerps? :lol: :lol:

Oh I'm feeling so put down, sob, sob...don't think I'll bother posting on the Brexit threads ever again :(
I nearly celebrated. But then, of course, you will post on Brexit and you will continue to insult the 17.4 million, so I will celebrate once we leave. But thanks for the few seconds of..... If Only.
memory man

Post by memory man »

David Cameron the interview

Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

You didn't send me a PM. Did you send it to the Admin account? The Admin account is very rarely used. When I say admin, I mean me. :)
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Dominic

Yes I did p.m. Admin, i.e. you.

Lloyd has sadly been allowed to reduce sensible debate, to such childish levels, it is becoming tedious, especially when most of us have points to make that are considered and respected by other posters.

If the Politics section is to continue in a adult, sensible way, please have a word, because otherwise I fear that we will all become so fed with the jibes and insults, that the section will cease to exist. What sort of person delights in causing annoyance in others, for their own pleasure and amusement ? A very misguided, confused person, with too much time on their hands I would suggest, with no real sensible input to offer.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

HiC, she's got a point. This isn't a junior common room, and it is getting a bit tiresome. In fairness, that sums up Brexit too.

The same goes out to all Brexiters posting abuse. It is now officially boring. If you want to debate politics, do it in a grown up fashion. And no, this does not mean like the MPs do it.

Firefly, in future, PM me. :)
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Totally agree Lloyd, it's never been a one way street as far as insults are concerned. Over the last three years or so I've lost count of personal insults but never considered reporting anyone to admin.
As I wrote in an earlier post if people are upset with what was after all a general, not personal comment then maybe they shouldnt come into the rough and tumble of the politics section which in reality is very sedate. An hour on the Telegraph comments section will confirm that.
I have also stated the Brexit argument on here has now gone to symantics and pedandantics rather than arguing their position.
Jim
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Stop making excuses for your behaviour Lloyd. You have constantly insulted people on here and it has nothing whatsoever to do with people being snowflakes or anything else. It is you being rude and trying to get away with it.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Well I don't have either the time or inclination to police the politics section, so I have resurrected the Politics for Moderates section.

If you want a more polite and sensible debate, post there.