Confused dot com

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Re: Confused dot com

Post by Devil »

:) :) :)
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

4A1CC706-6275-43AC-9A68-2D0CC656131F.jpeg
4A1CC706-6275-43AC-9A68-2D0CC656131F.jpeg (189.17 KiB) Viewed 4452 times
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Oh of course yes, its the 17.4 million people who voted leave that all have tax avoidance schemes, silly me I never realised.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Jimgym wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:22 pm Oh of course yes, its the 17.4 million people who voted leave that all have tax avoidance schemes, silly me I never realised.
No. What were a saying is most of those leading the charge towards Brexit have tax avoidance schemes.

Jim
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jim B wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:05 am
Jimgym wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:22 pm Oh of course yes, its the 17.4 million people who voted leave that all have tax avoidance schemes, silly me I never realised.
No. What were a saying is most of those leading the charge towards Brexit have tax avoidance schemes.

Jim
They may well have tax avoidance schemes, however they are carrying out the wishes of 17.4 million people who voted Leave. Some politicians are very happy on the EU gravy train and it certainly won't suit them to leave, good and bad on both sides.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

You are missing the point Alan; these Media Barons who are all into tax avoidance have engineered Brexit to suit their aims. As I demonstrated by posting the report on the Sun and it's lack of influence on the public of Liverpool, if you keep using propaganda to influence people it does work. It's got nothing to do with the 17.4 million, the vote was so close it only took the convincing of less than a million to get the Brexit result they wanted.
The reality of it is the 17.4 million people are carrying out the Media Barons wishes.

Jim
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jim B wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:23 am You are missing the point Alan; these Media Barons who are all into tax avoidance have engineered Brexit to suit their aims. As I demonstrated by posting the report on the Sun and it's lack of influence on the public of Liverpool, if you keep using propaganda to influence people it does work. It's got nothing to do with the 17.4 million, the vote was so close it only took the convincing of less than a million to get the Brexit result they wanted.
The reality of it is the 17.4 million people are carrying out the Media Barons wishes.

Jim
Not missing the point at all Jim. 17.4 million people carried out their own wishes, never underestimate the power of people. You can call it propaganda, but that goes for both sides of the argument, so who is wrong or right? The reality is that millions of people have had enough of the EU, and I am sure tax avoidance is the furthest from their minds.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

But it wasn't the furthest thing from the media barons minds. If you tell people long enough something is bad,, something is rotten then eventually they start believing it. The media barons didn't decide the week before the referendum to support Brexit, they've been pumping out anti EU propaganda , yes propaganda for years. Even Blojo was sacked for lying about the EU; remember the straight bananas well that one of his and people still believe it. You have to ask where do people get their ideas from and why are they sick of the EU; most of the reasons given are nothing to do with the EU at all but down to government incompetence who in turn are quick to blame the whipping boy EU for their own mistakes but make sure the claim all the credits.

Jim
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

We are being fed lies every day in the UK, by the media. Deliberate and dangerous lies, manipulating the populace. As Jim has said, the anti-EU agenda has been many years in the making and millions of people have been taken in by tales of EU armies, bendy bananas, lack of Sovereignty and more. It didn’t take much to turn a defeat into a victory for Leave - just some millions, some cyber-hacking and some clever subversive adverts.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

We are being manipulated, of course we are, by people on BOTH sides of the issue. It is certainly not all one way traffic here.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Maybe we are Alan but the lengths and lies the Brexit supporters have gone to has reached the ridiculous. Everything that puts Brexit in a bad light is Project Fear even when it's information from a Brexit government. They even changed the title of Yellowhammer from Base to Worst Case Scenario to hide the reality of what's to be expected.
There's manipulation and manipulation.

Jim
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jim B wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:36 pm Maybe we are Alan but the lengths and lies the Brexit supporters have gone to has reached the ridiculous. Everything that puts Brexit in a bad light is Project Fear even when it's information from a Brexit government. They even changed the title of Yellowhammer from Base to Worst Case Scenario to hide the reality of what's to be expected.
There's manipulation and manipulation.

Jim
Possibly because the Remain camp started Project Fear with lots of doom mongering which turned out to be untrue. A case of crying wolf too many times.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Jimgym wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:58 am We are being manipulated, of course we are, by people on BOTH sides of the issue. It is certainly not all one way traffic here.
`Hic... yes I agree it isn’t all one-way....
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Thomas Cook are claiming Brexit is a factor in their financial problems; only 20,000 possible job losses and 150,000 holidays at risk. Going by the news this morning there's no money on offer to bail them out.
Project Fear of course.

Jim
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jim B wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:34 am Thomas Cook are claiming Brexit is a factor in their financial problems; only 20,000 possible job losses and 150,000 holidays at risk. Going by the news this morning there's no money on offer to bail them out.
Project Fear of course.

Jim
Thomas Cook have been in trouble for a while. Their chief exc blamed the hot weather last year and less demand for the Canary Islands and as such were losing £31 a minute. Of course it’s very easy for people to blame Brexit and it merely reinforces my earlier point.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

A few more facts for those who yet again wish to blame Brexit for the complete and utter mismanagement of a company.
The company can point to everything from the continued ban on flights to Sharm el Sheikh in Egypt to uncertainty over Brexit for damaging its business, but there are longer-term and deep-rooted problems.

The low-cost aviation revolution and a series of corporate misadventures left Thomas Cook badly wounded in 2011, and though it made a recovery it has been struggling compared with its huge rival Tui and the relative youngster Jet2. Thomas Cook has been slow in adapting to the changing market, and creating premium products rather than commoditised cheap and cheerful holidays.

Thomas Cook still has hundreds of high street travel agencies, a successful airline and nearly £10bn of revenue every year – but running the business profitably has been elusive.
Taken from the Independent.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Thomas Cook stated Brexit was a "FACTOR" in their financial situation which I also wrote, at no time did I suggest it was the complete cause of the problem but according to them it played a part.
Jim

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-48292318
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Listening to radio in long drive yesterday’s, it was still amazing that people phoning in, when asked if they had holiday insurance, a very large proportion didn’t..... why do people not do that? They’ll book a holiday costing thousands but fail to pay £50 for insurance....
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Possibly the ones not buying insurance are the older ones with existing medical problems like my wife and I... But although we pay around 3 times the 50 pounds mentioned we do still take out holiday insurance..
Trev..
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Actually, Trev, it’s predominant with younger people. They don't believe they need it in the EU.

Look at this one;

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... n-new-york