If only I'd warned...

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Jimgward

Re: If only I'd warned...

Post by Jimgward » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:07 pm

Dominic, the majority of people in Scotland (who vote) vote for the SNP as a means to Independence. Once Independent, other parties will gain more votes.

Labour was by far the largest party in Scotland for probably 100 years and people never forgave Blair for Iraq or the way the “Better together” campaign went. A a result, if it wasn’t fr proportional representation in the Scottish parliament, Labour would hardly win a seat.

Starmer never even mentioned gaining seats in Scotland as part of his world-leading plan. They have effectively given up on Scotland.

As would the Tories, IF they had somewhere to locate Trident and wouldn’t lose status worldwide with half the territory and no access to the future of wave power and other natural resources. Dropping from the top-table on the UN, NATO, G7 etc, is the only thing causing the Tories to think twice about ditching Scotland.

Jim B

Post by Jim B » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:36 am

Diocletian

Post by Diocletian » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:00 pm

Completely ignoring the reported global increase in food prices this year. As for empty shelves in supermarkets, look in Alpha Mega, Phillipos and even Jumbo, loads of empty shelves. What can possibly cause that in the paradise that is the EU!
Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day.

Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:32 pm

The only empty shelves you get here are in the aisles where they sell stuff from the UK.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.

Jim B

Post by Jim B » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:58 pm

Diocletian wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:00 pm
Completely ignoring the reported global increase in food prices this year. As for empty shelves in supermarkets, look in Alpha Mega, Phillipos and even Jumbo, loads of empty shelves. What can possibly cause that in the paradise that is the EU!
Apart from changing their stock for Christmas in Jumbo there are no empty shelves according to the wife who was in their the other day. As Dominic stated the only empty shelves in Philipos are where they sell British goods as in Alpha Mega and I did raise the point about British stock missing from Lidl which has been replaced by items from the Netherlands.

Jim B

Post by Jim B » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:18 pm

Jimgward

Post by Jimgward » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:00 am

Jim B. That’s the tip of the iceberg as you know. The total given out to Tory donors is billions. Serco being a classic example. £37bn and counting. No precious government would have survived one scandal. This lot are untouchable and they know it. Tell enough lies and people stop caring.

PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:05 pm

A rather large thread on Twitter this morning - definitely needs a brew, a butty followed by a paracetamol.
Click through the link below and you will find lots of information:

It is I, LeClerc

WHL

Post by WHL » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:09 pm

Diocletian wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:00 pm
As others have pointed out, the only things missing on supermarkets shelves over here, are UK products, as I run a mile from that processed rubbish. it doesn't make any difference to me.

Jim B

Post by Jim B » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:33 pm

I found this very interesting, "Led By Donkeys" produce many factual videos and posters.

Jim B

Post by Jim B » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:40 pm

Jim B

Post by Jim B » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:40 pm

Feathering their own nests. If you can't see it go to the Lead By Donkeys website.