The State of Trump

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
User avatar
mike strand2
Posts: 1328
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:30 am
Location: Kissonerga

Re: The State of Trump

Post by mike strand2 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:17 pm

Chaddy wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:12 pm
mike strand2 wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:45 pm
The world doesn't need Trump, let alone The USA!
I suppose we did,nt need them in WW11.We could have beat Hitler without them :lol: :lol:
That was the most puerile response yet from you Chaddy. Did I say anthing about history? No, we are in 2020. I'll say this for you, you don't easily give up on here, even though you haven't got a single supporter (I think).

User avatar
Devil
Posts: 2031
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:34 am
Location: Mosfiloti

Re: The State of Trump

Post by Devil » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:27 pm

Chaddy wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:23 pm
Interesting chart Devil.However i spend 4/5 months of the year in the states ( not just now of course with covid) my daughter and son in law are US citizens ( 20 odd years ).She speaks to us on a regular basis and says according to the polls there that Trump is slightly ahead.So have more than 50% of Americans got it wrong??? Maybe they dont know what they are doing.I can assure you that if you say lived there you could probably have an alternate opinion..Unless you where a liberal of course.
UK news headlines....Trump rants on again to his cronies about the covid situation.
US headlines... Trump calls urgent meeting to discuss the covid situation with his advisers.

Take your pick.Its all about where you get your news from.

Black unemployment at its lowest ever level.You would,nt hear that on the BBC.

Sorry if i,m ranting!!
I suspect that you may have your head in the clouds. I have not seen a single poll over the past several weeks stating that Trump is ahead; in fact, they all say that he is 9 to 10% behind. Is this wishful thinking?

You quote UK news and US headlines without the slightest justification of where your sentences came from; you should always justify quotations, as I justified the source of the chart that I posted in my last post.

Then you go to say that black unemployment is at its lowest level in the USA. It may be true that you would not hear that on the BBC but neither would you hear it on Fox News, Reuters or anywhere else, simply because it is not true since the upsurge of unemployment due to the coronavirus outbreak.

Sorry, I never believe whatever is posted on these forums, no matter from whom, unless there is solid justification for a statement. You have given none! :-( :-(

Les Bean
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:43 pm

Re: The State of Trump

Post by Les Bean » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:29 pm

Black unemployment
Screenshot_20200928_151512_com.opera.browser.jpg
Screenshot_20200928_151512_com.opera.browser.jpg (78.35 KiB) Viewed 925 times
Latest election poll


https://ig.ft.com/us-election-2020/

Chaddy
Posts: 454
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:39 am

Re: The State of Trump

Post by Chaddy » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:09 pm

Les Bean wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:29 pm
Black unemployment
Screenshot_20200928_151512_com.opera.browser.jpg
Latest election poll


https://ig.ft.com/us-election-2020/
Covid????

User avatar
Jimgward
Posts: 2827
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:14 pm
Location: Lanark
Contact:

Re: The State of Trump

Post by Jimgward » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:19 pm

Chaddy wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:09 pm
Les Bean wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:29 pm
Black unemployment
Screenshot_20200928_151512_com.opera.browser.jpg
Latest election poll


https://ig.ft.com/us-election-2020/
Covid????
Nah Trump being seen as a liar, thief, charlatan, racist, hypocrite, stupid, two-timing, misogynist ... but otherwise, I quite like him!

Chaddy
Posts: 454
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:39 am

Re: The State of Trump

Post by Chaddy » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:03 am

Ok Jim i,ll contact my daughter in the states and let you know the solid facts..Oh you have that the wrong way round ,it is Fox news that are pro Trump and its CNN that are anti Trump."Black unemployment at its lowest level" was PRE covid of course.
As you ask me for evidence,could you supply evidencel where it is proved that Trump is a liar,thief,charlatan,stupid,hyporite two timing misogynist.

How on earth did a guy with all these attributes become the most powerfull man on the planet.

User avatar
Jimgward
Posts: 2827
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:14 pm
Location: Lanark
Contact:

Re: The State of Trump

Post by Jimgward » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:57 am

Chaddy, he became so, because some people in the USA are so stupid. I have seen interviews at Trump rallies, where people have said even if he did “grab them by the pussy”, or lie, or cheat, they would still vote for him.

You must be naive if you haven’t seen evidence of Trump being all those things. That isn’t just borne from CNN or your hated BBC, but also from Fox and other news sites. Your daughter also does not know the sold facts. She might live in the US, but she will still be susceptible to the same new outlets we all are. She therefore makes judgement based on that. Just as we do.

I could give evidence for all those things I say, as it’s so easily found, but since it is, go find it yourself.

User avatar
mike strand2
Posts: 1328
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:30 am
Location: Kissonerga

Re: The State of Trump

Post by mike strand2 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:18 am

I think the Heading should now be 'THE FATE OF TRUMP?'

User avatar
Jimgward
Posts: 2827
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:14 pm
Location: Lanark
Contact:

Re: The State of Trump

Post by Jimgward » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:29 am

That’s if he really does have Covid... it would be Sod’s law and deserved, given his dismissal of it, but it would not surprise me if this was a ruse.

Chaddy
Posts: 454
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:39 am

Re: The State of Trump

Post by Chaddy » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:48 am

Jimgward wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:19 pm
Chaddy wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:09 pm
Les Bean wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:29 pm
Black unemployment
Screenshot_20200928_151512_com.opera.browser.jpg
Latest election poll


https://ig.ft.com/us-election-2020/
Covid????
Nah Trump being seen as a liar, thief, charlatan, racist, hypocrite, stupid, two-timing, misogynist ... but otherwise, I quite like him!
[/quote

Jimgward,it appears you are getting your information from the UK media and worse still maybe the BBC.
My daughter who is now a US citizen has just sent us a video showing a gathering outside the White House of over a million Trump supporters.Looking at the video it is clear that there MUST be over a million people there.
The BBC did not reported it as far as i know. ( You know,the same BBC that buys more of the left wing Guardian newspaper than any other )
A leading UK national paper reported there was only " a few thousand" :(

User avatar
Devil
Posts: 2031
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:34 am
Location: Mosfiloti

Re: The State of Trump

Post by Devil » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:56 am

Chaddy wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:48 am
Jimgward,it appears you are getting your information from the UK media and worse still maybe the BBC.
You are obviously very brainwashed. The BBC has received more accolades for accurate and impartial reporting than any other media chain. Or, are you pulling our legs with your criticisms?

Les Bean
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:43 pm

Re: The State of Trump

Post by Les Bean » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:38 pm

Would have thought any gathering of a million outside of the white house would be reported in all the media. As Trump would say "fake news"


User avatar
Jimgward
Posts: 2827
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:14 pm
Location: Lanark
Contact:

Re: The State of Trump

Post by Jimgward » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:33 pm

There is solid evidence of photoshopped GOP pictures of the ‘million’ - it WS estimated to be less than 12,000 at the MAGA rally - one of whom was Trump himself - unable to show any form of humility at his embarrassing defeat by over 5million votes

Chaddy
Posts: 454
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:39 am

Re: The State of Trump

Post by Chaddy » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:47 am

Devil wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:56 am
Chaddy wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:48 am
Jimgward,it appears you are getting your information from the UK media and worse still maybe the BBC.
You are obviously very brainwashed. The BBC has received more accolades for accurate and impartial reporting than any other media chain. Or, are you pulling our legs with your criticisms?
The BBC has received more accolades for accurate and IMPRTIAL reporting :lol: Do you mean the BBC that spends MORE on the left wing Guardian newspaper than any other paper :roll: and you say that I,M brainwashed?

User avatar
PhotoLady
Posts: 2158
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:53 am
Location: Where the river meets the sea
Contact:

Re: The State of Trump

Post by PhotoLady » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:31 am

Sounds like someone got their zero's confuddled.

In the days following a mass gathering of U.S. President Donald Trump’s supporters in downtown Washington, D.C. posts on social media claimed that “more than one MILLION marchers” had come to the nation’s capital on Nov. 14 in support of the president. This claim is false. The number of Trump supporters at the “Million MAGA March” ranged from media estimates of “thousands” to an estimate of hundreds of thousands by event organizers, neither close to, nor more than, 1 million.

More on this story:
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-fact ... SKBN27Z2KI
It is I, LeClerc

User avatar
Devil
Posts: 2031
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:34 am
Location: Mosfiloti

Re: The State of Trump

Post by Devil » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:59 am

Chaddy wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:47 am
Devil wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:56 am
Chaddy wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:48 am
Jimgward,it appears you are getting your information from the UK media and worse still maybe the BBC.
You are obviously very brainwashed. The BBC has received more accolades for accurate and impartial reporting than any other media chain. Or, are you pulling our legs with your criticisms?
The BBC has received more accolades for accurate and IMPRTIAL reporting :lol: Do you mean the BBC that spends MORE on the left wing Guardian newspaper than any other paper :roll: and you say that I,M brainwashed?
That is a downright lie and you know it. Firstly, the BBC does not spend a penny on the news in the Guardian. Both are entirely independent. If they happen to publish the same news item, maybe it is because it is the truth (if you know the meaning of the word). Secondly, the Guardian is financed entirely by the Scott Trust. If you had taken the bother of five minutes research on the Internet, you would have found that out. The BBC finances are independent of any other news organisation and are mostly funded by the UK licence fee. Other monies are also explained in the following article, if you can read it.

https://www.bbc.com/aboutthebbc/governance/licencefee

May I respectfully request that you cease and desist from the lies that you have been posting on this forum.

Chaddy
Posts: 454
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:39 am

Re: The State of Trump

Post by Chaddy » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:11 am

Devil,you have every right to your political opinion of course which i respect.However i resent being accused of telling lies,why should i?
Headline to an article in the Daily Mail October 11th written by Scarlot Howes...."BBC spends more on left wing Guardian than any other paper "..So are you saying that the Daily Mail ( the UKs biggest selling daily ) " tell lies.oh dear if you are correct then i and over 4 million readers have been told porky,s. :o

Les Bean
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:43 pm

Re: The State of Trump

Post by Les Bean » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:06 am

Chaddy wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:11 am
Devil,you have every right to your political opinion of course which i respect.However i resent being accused of telling lies,why should i?
Headline to an article in the Daily Mail October 11th written by Scarlot Howes...."BBC spends more on left wing Guardian than any other paper "..So are you saying that the Daily Mail ( the UKs biggest selling daily ) " tell lies.oh dear if you are correct then i and over 4 million readers have been told porky,s. :o
Not lies exactly, but a misleading headline. She was having a gripe because her own newspaper was not the most purchased. The monetary figures were how much was spent on buying newspapers.,and the Guardian figure was highest because of the cover price. The most number of newspapers purchased was the Times and Sunday Times...... thus using the same statistics a headline could read "bbc buys more copies of right wing Times than any other paper"

Chaddy
Posts: 454
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:39 am

Re: The State of Trump

Post by Chaddy » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:55 am

Les Bean wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:06 am
Chaddy wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:11 am
Devil,you have every right to your political opinion of course which i respect.However i resent being accused of telling lies,why should i?
Headline to an article in the Daily Mail October 11th written by Scarlot Howes...."BBC spends more on left wing Guardian than any other paper "..So are you saying that the Daily Mail ( the UKs biggest selling daily ) " tell lies.oh dear if you are correct then i and over 4 million readers have been told porky,s. :o
Not lies exactly, but a misleading headline. She was having a gripe because her own newspaper was not the most purchased. The monetary figures were how much was spent on buying newspapers.,and the Guardian figure was highest because of the cover price. The most number of newspapers purchased was the Times and Sunday Times...... thus using the same statistics a headline could read "bbc buys more copies of right wing Times than any other paper"
Oh, just another headline yesterday in the Daily Mail written by Paul Revoir " BBC,s TV news more biased than all rivals,say viewers "..Deary me,should i and 4 million others stop reading this paper as it prints " misleading headlines " ? :?

Post Reply