UK still confident of a Brexit trade deal with the EU.

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Jimgward

Re: UK still confident of a Brexit trade deal with the EU.

Post by Jimgward » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:30 pm

As far as I understand someone can correct me if I'm wrong as I don't know enough about American politics. Any trade deal made by the USA and the UK has to be ratified by Congress and the Senate and Nancy Pelosi has already stated if the GFA is broken, the Senate and Congress won't ratify the trade deal.

Another point is that this is the UK deliberately breaking an International treaty, the actions of a rogue state, no one will be confident of making any agreement with the UK if they can't be trusted

Devil

Post by Devil » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:45 pm

Confident? With you-know-who at the helm? He would sign away the whole country if it suited his personal purpose.

Les Bean

Post by Les Bean » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:59 pm

This seems to be very good news
www.ft.com/content/1cb01980

Jimgward

Post by Jimgward » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:35 pm

well, Boris has now managed to get what he always wanted, a no-deal Brexit. He and his cronies do not care what the consequences are for us peasants, as they will make millions out of adversity, as usual.