No excuse for this

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Jim B

Re: No excuse for this

Post by Jim B »

Chaddy wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:22 pm Please,will all you who have posted on this subject stop believing in what you have read or heard in the news.Particularly the BBC ( the British Bolshovik Broadcasting Corperation) or even worse The Guardian.Try RT News. and you will see it in a different way.( unbiased)
Propaganda thought history has usually worked.Dont fall for it. :roll:
We used to watch the Russian version of RT today and it's lies by ommission. If the news subject doesnt meet the views of the Kremlin it's not included and any criticism of the state is ridiculed.
Just a mouthpiece for Putin.

Jim
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Jimgward wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:40 am Well, we had plenty of people who had something to say about the BLM protests last week, but nothing to say about the EDL and BNP and others who didn’t meet to protest, as Priti Patel tried to insinuate, but to fight - and since there were no blacks to do this with, the police got the brunt - then some people in a park... So, almost all the NEDS in London yesterday caused bother - yet people go missing on here....
Uncle D posted a thread about Hyde Park yesterday.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Jim B wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:37 am
Chaddy wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:22 pm Please,will all you who have posted on this subject stop believing in what you have read or heard in the news.Particularly the BBC ( the British Bolshovik Broadcasting Corperation) or even worse The Guardian.Try RT News. and you will see it in a different way.( unbiased)
Propaganda thought history has usually worked.Dont fall for it. :roll:
We used to watch the Russian version of RT today and it's lies by ommission. If the news subject doesnt meet the views of the Kremlin it's not included and any criticism of the state is ridiculed.
Just a mouthpiece for Putin.

Jim
I personally watch a little of the BBC news and RT NEWS and then form my opinion ( after hearing both sides ) Its like watching Fox news and CNN news in the states....totally different angles on the same story.I refuse to be brain washed by hearing only one side of the a story. ;)
Oh i suppose the BBC dont leave something out that does not suit their opinions :lol:
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Fox News is at least a semblance of a news station unlike RT which as I said is just a mouthpiece for Putins propaganda. It never mentions any story critical of the Russian government. Then again I don't watch much BBC News either. BBC is now controlled by Tories for the Tories, the new Director General is an ex Tory Mandarin as is the head of news and most of their news programmes are biased.
Most Russians I know don't watch RT as their opinion is they have better things to do than listen to an hour of puerile rubbish which bares no relationship to what is actually going on in the world or in Russia for that matter.
If you want a bit more balance you should watch Channel 4 News.

Jim
memory man

Post by memory man »

Dominic wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:47 pm

Anyway, I'm amazed that nobody has mentioned the police brutality that has happened in the US since George Floyd's death.

.... and before. . https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... tony-timpa

https://theliberal.ie/do-white-lives-ma ... rge-floyd/